Saturday 22 October 2011

SR219,000 raised for Pkfloods in Saudi Arabia



Jeddah: Pakistani expatriates in Jeddah have joined hands to raise SR219,900 for their flood-hit compatriots back home.

Pakistan International School Jeddah-English Section (PISJ-ES) staff and students contributed SR73,000 to the cause. The rest of the money was collected during a fund-raising event at the end of a cultural evening at the school to mark its 17th anniversary on Thursday.   Saudi businessman Abdul Khaliq Saeed pledged SR50,000, which was followed by many other donations including from Britain’s Consul General Mohammed Shokat, who personally contributed SR5,000.

Abdul Khaliq Saeed said on this occasion : “I am proud to be here. Let me tell you I started my business from Pakistan and it has been 16 years. Pakistan is in my heart and will remain in my heart.”

News Details:  Arab News

No comments:

Post a Comment